I am going to work on a few changes in my life. I clearly need to change something so here’s what I know I need to do so far…
- Keep away from trigger foods. It’s like an alcoholic needing to stay away from alcohol.
- Move more. A LOT more. My goal is to walk 30 minutes a day and stick with it. Like taking medication.
- Take things one day at a time. Don’t focus on the week ahead just focus on the meal sitting in front of me.
- Stop feeling guilty when I do have something that I shouldn’t eat every day.
- Stop saying I’ll try. Instead say, I will. (ie- Don’t try, do!)
- Take pictures and measurements once a month and have them displayed somewhere I can see them everyday.
- Get at least 8 glasses of water, 3 servings of dairy, and all of my fruits and vegetables in EVERYDAY
- Watch the sugars, refined carbohydrates, and other overly processed foods.
I have some tools that I’m looking into using to help me achieve these changes including the theories from AA meetings (was suggested to me), weighing in on Saturday mornings regardless if I’m in the Bay Area or here, (Evenings are NOT working for me!) yet also attending my Tuesday night meetings because I love our meeting leader there, support from my family and friends, trying new healthy recipes to keep me inspired, and of course this blog and all of the other food blogs I read that are an inspiration to me.
So there’s my goal. I WILL stick to this. Will I be perfect, hell no, but I will do this! I will change! I have to for my health.
Anyone have any other ideas?