Detox Conclusion

Well, I’m telling you once I skip a few days, it’s really hard for me to catch up.  Then all of a sudden, a week goes by!

So, did I finish the whole “carb detox.” Yes, I actually did.  Did I do 100% with it?  Mmmm, maybe more like 95%.  I really stuck with it though.  I think it helped too because, even though there were a few days in the middle of it all that I could claw a kit kat out of the tv screen, I don’t crave sugars as much anymore.  We’ll just have to see where the next few days takes us.

All in all, I lost 3 pounds over the two weeks.  I was a little disappointed, but it’s better than gaining 3 pounds.  I want to start focusing more on eating less fat now, getting in more exercise, and watching my sugar intake instead of trying to cut it out like I was the last two weeks.  I need to live in today’s world, I can’t become a hermit, which just might happen if I stick with the no added sugar technique I’ve been living the last two weeks.  Tomorrow, I am going back to Weight Watchers and I will weigh in and start doing the points plus program again.  As long as you stick with it and write things down, you’ll lose weight.

Now, as for how my weekend went, I went down to the Bay Area to see my mom and brother.  I was actually planning on picking up my friend on the way and having a little pre-birthday thing, but it didn’t work out.  I went down anyway obviously, just to get away from the heat and everything.

We ate at a Danish restaurant/bakery in Burlingame and I had a New York steak.  It’s really the only thing I can eat on their menu on this diet so oh woe is me I was forced to eat steak!

It came with a salad too, and I of course picked out the croutons.

I obviously wasn’t worried about fat these two weeks, I probably would have lost more weight if I did watch the fat too. One thing at a time!

The steak was perfect.  I ordered it medium and it was very tender.  Unfortunately, my mom’s was not…  She ordered hers medium rare though so I wonder if that had something to do with it?

Anyway, we took a drive down to San Jose for the day on Saturday.  We went into the mall by Santana Row so my mom could look for a bathing suit, unfortunately, no such luck.  I should always remember that if we are planning on going to a particular location, such as driving around Roseville to see locations, or walking around Santana Row, we shouldn’t go into a mall before because 5 hours later, we’ll regret still being at the mall! I don’t know how that happens!

Anyway, we got into the mall and the first thing I saw was the Dugout Store.  It’s the SF Giant’s official store.  We had to go in there and looks around.  It was pretty small compared to the other two I have been in so I didn’t end up getting anything.  I really want a Giant’s shirt, but only one I love, so I just have to be patient.

We were starving by the time we got there so after going into the Dugout, we went to the food court and I ended up getting 1/2 soup and salad from Boudin (the WORLDS BEST sourdough bread!) no, I did not eat the bread!  😦 I wanted to though!  I opened it up a little and just smelled the inside of the bread and all of its sourdoughyness (Yes I made that word up!).  My brother just stared at me and said, you know, that’s what addicts do.  I told him I wasn’t addicted, and he said there was a scene in a movie with an alcoholic sniffing alcohol.  Why do siblings have to tease you???

Anyway, I must say that this particular Boudin screwed up my soup THREE times!  First, they were going to put it in a bread bowl (ahhh! Like that’s going to help me!), then they gave me clam chowder, I told him I ordered the tomato soup, then he gave me their tomato bread soup (what the hell’s with the bread being forced at me?!) so my mom was pissed and brough it back herself, and showed him the receipt and I got my Rosted Garlic Tomato Soup like I asked for in the first place.  I understand maybe getting the tomato soup part wrong but the bread bowl and the clam chowder?  Did they read the order?

Anyway, not something to get angry over or anything, I just thought it weird.

After looking around the mall, I finally managed to get them out of there and over to Santana Row.  By that time we were all a little moody because it took a good 15-20 minutes to find a parking space (5:30 on a Saturday does not make for easy parking!) we walked around a little and ended up going to Sino which was a hip asian restaurant there.

We ordered a few different things, and I got their version of beef with broccoli and an order of these green beans for myself (they had some too, it was just the only thing I could eat).  I must say, I did have a rib…  The sauce was so good!  It was sweet though, from honey I’m sure because it was sticky, but there wasn’t a lot, and honey is good for you.  At least it isn’t white sugar.

The only problem was the seats were too low!!!

I want this Soy Sauce pot!!!

Nick was impressed with the artwork.

We walked around a little bit more, going into Anthropology (I will get an outfit there once I get down to a 14 so help me God!) this organic scent shop, and Sur La Table (my favorite foodie store!).  Did I get anything?  No… Did I want to get anything, of course!

My brother likes to make weird faces.

As you can see, he’s also trying to grow a beard…  I hope this is either just the awkward part of growing a beard or he’s just going through a faze because I don’t like it…

I love taking flower photos!

We stopped to get me a sugar-free frozen yogurt, but it tasted like crap, so I dumped it.  I have to make a mental note that I don’t like chocolate frozen yogurt, especially the sugar-free variety…

I ended up finding this sugar-free ice cream in Safeway where we stopped after the yogurt.  I thought, why did I just find you now, well, I know why now!  It has xylitol in it. Do you know what that does to you?  You don’t want to know!  It cant’ be good for you.  It’s one of those sweeteners that can do interesting things to your stomach if you know what I mean, and I’m not going to divulge further than that!

Anyway, Sunday, we didn’t get our butts out of the house until 1, but we still took a walk!  We walked down past the church were my parents got married, and took a walk along the bay.

As you can see, the bay was a little further out at the point we were walking but it was still pretty non the less.

Another flower picture! Not bad for being from my iPod…

30 minutes later, I was standing in front of a fan set on high!  And then we left to try to make the most of the 4 hours I had left before going back home.

We went into the mall (shocker!) in San Mateo and still no luck with the bathing suit hunt! We did find out they are putting in a Cheesecake Factory where Mervyn’s use to be there.

We ate lunch at California Pizza Kitchen, and I got a Gluten Free Hawaiian Pizza.  It was okay.  I figured it wouldn’t have the white flour in it so it would be okay (totally an assumption though, I really have no idea).  I prefer Amici’s pizza much more I must say!

We ran over to the Apple Store so my mom could have one more look at computers before completely deciding on what she wanted. We actually convinced her to convert!  She’ll be happy with it once she gets used to it.  We can show her things and get all of her applications and favorites set up for her.

After the mall, we went to TJ’s (my mom hates this store by the way!!! How do you hate Trader Joe’s?!) to get some essentials.  They were out of 1% organic milk and non-fat greek yogurt! How does that happen?! I’ve never seen those things out there before.  So, I went to Whole Foods (which I love, I just never shop there because of the prices) to get the milk and yogurt, and I got a few other things and spent probably twice the amount there then at TJ’s.

I got Kombucha tea which I’ve never tried before but have heard so many people say they love it.  I’ll give my review in a little bit… (Not a good one I must say)

By the time I got home it was 6:45!  Eeek!  My mom met me in Danville so I didn’t have to drive all the way down both times, so we finally got out and on our way back to the East Bay.

I didn’t get home until 10 at night! It wears me out to get home that late. The drive alone wears me out, but getting home late is hard, especially since I have to go to school work the next day.

This morning, I tried one of the Kombuchas and…

I hated it…  It tastes like vinegar soda to me.  I know people love it and I was dying to try it, but I just can’t get into it.  I must be missing something about it.

It could be because it had lemon juice in it and I have one more, so I’ll give that one a try, but I’m not promising anything…

Anyway, a long boring day today and now I have to get to bed!

About Shannon

I'm a 30 something Disney Addict, Healthy Living enthusiast finding my way in California's capital.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s