Okay, I figured, I need something for Fridays, that way I feel like I’m posting more often. So, I thought about a top ten list post. Originally, I was thinking of doing a podcast with a top ten segment (yes, it was going to be Disney related, and yes, I know I’m a dork!) and since that doesn’t seem to be happening at least not at the moment, why not post one here!
So here’s my first Top 10 list of my favorite places to go! (In no particular order!)
- Mendocino/Fort Bragg- I have only been here once but I loved Fort Bragg. It’s a cute little town about 3 hours north of San Francisco along the ocean.
- Fresno, CA- I go down to Fresno 2-3 times a year to visit my aunt (mom’s side). I love her house and the area she lives in. She lives on a tree lined street that is always shaded. She’s an amazing cook I’m always learning new things to cook, and I always enjoy going over to the Fig Garden Outdoor Shopping Center and looking around.
- Yosemite National Park- I haven’t been here in a LONG LONG time. I was probably 13 or 14 when we were there last, but growing up, we took quite a few trips there. I would love to go again as an adult to really appreciate the beauty of Yosemite. I do remember what it looks like, but I really want to go again and have some fresher memories.
- Memorial Park- Another place I haven’t been to in a long time but I have a lot of great memories of driving to the coast then up the windy path to Memorial Park. We would get sandwiches and other things for a picnic (sometimes my mom would make her macaroni salad, or something like that) and we would bring our bikes or take a hike, and just enjoy the nature of Memorial Park. It’s one of many state parks in California, but it’s the one we went to the most growing up.
- Half Moon Bay/Pacific Coast- I love being near the ocean. I grew up so close to the ocean, but we didn’t go very often, even though we love being there. Now that I’m living even further away, I appreciate it’s beauty that much more.
Lake Tahoe- I love going to Lake Tahoe during the summer. I have never been during the winter but I know it’s a popular thing to do. In fact I have never been to the snow before… (Yes, I know, apparently I’m living in a hole!)
- Carmel/Monterey, California- We go pretty much every Thanksgiving, and I just love it there. It’s a close second to Disneyland (I’m serious!)
- Disneyland (This one I KNOW is my number one favorite place!!! <3)
- Calistoga/Napa County- We have a lot of family history in the Wine Country. Specifically St. Helena and Calistoga. We took a lot of weekend trips to Napa and Sonoma thanks to the wine vendors my dad worked with. It’s like going back home for me.
- San Diego/Coronado Island- I have been to San Diego only twice and it wasn’t for very long, but I loved going to Coronado Island, and seeing the Hotel Del Coronado. There is so much history there, and you can tell just by walking around the hotel.
- Morro Bay/San Simean- When my cousin was living in Morro Bay, we would visit her and go tour Hearst Castle.