I still haven’t put much thought into it still. Should have done that before the end of the year but I didn’t…
Here’s the list so far…
- No fast food! Period! NONE! Nada!!!
- Exercise three times a week. I want to aim for more, but I think this is a doable goal for now.
- Keep my apartment kept up, and be a more responsible adult (still need to work out the details in this one). This includes taking the time to take care of myself.
- Eat as much natural food as I can; limit overly processed foods.
- Strengthen my faith, pray more, make God more important than he has been in the last few years… And I don’t mean becoming a holy roller that shoves religion down people’s throats. I know enough of those people, and I know from personal experience that it doesn’t work!!!
- Take all of my medications and any vitamins/supplements that I need, EVERYDAY!
That seems like a good list to me. I want to get in more than just “diet and exercise” goals like the rest of the world wants to do. I need to take better care of myself, in more than just my weight loss.
Our meeting was about the tools that you need to make Weight Watchers work for us. It was actually quite interesting and I know I really need to focus on taking advantage of those tools to help me in this journey.
Here’s a list of some of the tools that we mentioned –
- eTools – If you have it, it’s a great resource. There’s an online community, thousands of recipes, articles, you can track your weight, food, and activity online. There’s so much more, and I will talk about that in its own post at some point I promise!
- A buddy – If you have someone who you’re going to Weight Watchers with, that can be such a help. Having a support system can help with motivation and encouragement. Plus, it can really keep you accountable for your actions!
- Meetings – I know meetings aren’t for everyone, which is why they have Weight Watchers online as well, but I know for me personally, I HAVE to have my meetings! I LOVE our leader too. She’s awesome! She’s absolutely hysterical and she’s very motivating! She just get’s it!
- Tracker – Whether you track on eTools or in a hand-held tracker (or eTools on your smart phone/iPod Touch, whatever!), tracking is a very vital thing to do. It lets you know how you are doing throughout the day. Trust me, if you track, you WILL lose weight!!!
- Planning – This one wasn’t mentioned, but to me, if I plan for things, I do better than if I just went out on a whim. I’m not the best with this, but I am going to make it a goal to plan more, write down lists, have paper and a pen with me WHERE EVER I go!
I’m sure there are more, but basically whatever you use or need to keep you going is a tool. And, how did I do at Weight Watchers??? Well, considering that I missed a week because I was away, and also the fact that Christmas and New Years just happened, I only gained 1.6. A friend of mine at Weight Watchers said that’s almost like having a Weight Loss during the holidays! I honestly thought I was going to gain 4 or 5 pounds so I was VERY happy with those results!
Okay, off to start another day!