Okay today’s top ten list will be all of the things that have been keeping me motivated as of late. As usual, in no particular order.
- Biggest Loser – Now, I have some issues with this show, the biggest one being people who join that are just in it to play the game and sabotage people and try to make alliances and get people kicked off they don’t like (I hate that fake crap!), but it does really inspire me to want to eat healthy and lose my weight.
- The Dr. Oz Show – This week I finally decided to add this show to my DVR list. I’ve always found him very interesting, and he helps you understand how your body works and how certain foods help fight off things like cancer, boost your metabolism, etc. I never bothered with his show though, but now that he’s been endorsing Weight Watchers, I thought, I might as well start watching.
- Curves – Well, this applies to working out in general. Do I love exercising, NOOOO, but after I work out there, I feel so much better and more energized. I feel like I’m ready to go out there and get something done!
- Weight Watchers Meetings – I think I’ve mentioned before how much I love my Weight Watchers leader. Our whole group is just awesome! We all get along and I’ve made some friends there so I never feel alone when I go to a meeting. Yes, it’s a bit of a pain weighing in after work, but I don’t want to go to another meeting.
- My family – I have had a lot of support from my family, especially my mom and my aunts. And, I’m sure my dad’s up there rooting me on as well (my mom made sure I called him every time I had a weight loss, and he was always so excited to hear it).
- Reading Blogs – I read a lot of blogs (I’ll probably make a top 10 list of my favorites next week), but I get a lot of motivation and learn about new healthy things to eat from some of the blogs I read.
- Family History – Both sides of my family come with a lot of “health baggage” as I like to call it. Big history of type II diabetes (my mom and both of my Uncles have it), heart disease, as well as weight issues. If I don’t lose at least enough weight to get healthy, I WILL become a diabetic. It’s not a maybe, it’s a fact… I think that might be motivation enough, as long as I remember it…
- My mom- Long with her being my biggest supporter as noted above in #5, I am hoping that if I can do this, that she may get some motivation in turn and try to get herself healthier too.
- Upcoming High School Reunion – It’s coming up this year (I can’t believe it’s been 10 years!!!) and I want to look better than I ever have in my life. Of course I think a lot of people feel that way going to those kind of things. I’m hoping to have a gorgeous boyfriend on my arm at that moment too, but that’s a blog post for another day!
- I Deserve It! – My whole life I’ve never given myself much credit and have been very hard on myself, and I need to constantly remind myself that I do deserve this and I deserve to be happy. I feel like I’m a generally good person, and it’s time to think of myself and my health.
Okay I’m done for tonight. Gotta get laundry done and the apartment cleaned up for my mom coming to visit for the weekend!