I know it’s been a long time since I’ve posted one of these, but this and a couple of others have been sitting in my drafts folder for long enough! And since I can’t think of anything to write about on Random Thursday, I figured I’d insert this there!
I walk around with my iPod Touch practically glued to my side. I always need to have some sort of noise on. I hate silence. Except for when I’m sleeping… Between me and my brother, there is not a whole lot that we dont’ like. We got the love of music from our father. He idolized Frank Sinatra and jazz (like that) was his favorite, but he also loved rock and roll and some other stuff as well. He often liked our music especially if it had a good beat or if they had a lot of talent.
But, for this post I’ll focus on some of my favorites.
As I mentioned, I love a lot of different types of music. I think the only things I don’t really like are rap/hip-hop, weird jazz (the kind that goes all over the place), and I get really annoyed with stuff that’s been played on the radio WAY too many times, like every hour kind of crap! Can’t radio stations play more of a variety! I swear!
I’ve picked out a few of artists/groups that are at the top of my favorites at this moment to give you a taste.
- Christina Aguilera – The most famous of the bunch I guess. I don’t normally like “pop princess” kind of stuff. I hate overly poppy music, but I love her voice, and she really stands out in the bunch. She is absolutely the greatest singer out of our generation. I think she’s dealt with things in her life as best she could being in the spotlight. I know a lot of people don’t like her, but you can’t deny that she has the chops! My favorite song by her (and I’m sure I’m not the only one) is Beautiful. It’s the perfect pick me up song.
- Zero 7 – This is an electronic/down tempo group from England that I found out about because singer Sia has sung on several of their songs. I LOVE this type of music. I am still new to it, but the whole “down tempo” genre is from what I read somewhere (God knows where) “all about the feeling of the music.” It totally puts me in a relaxed state. I actually can’t listen to them in the car if I’m driving a long length because I’ll get really sleepy!
- Sia – I learned about Sia from Christina Aguilera. She worked with Christina on a few of her songs off of her latest album Bionic. She’s from Australia, and I guess you would consider her music pop. She has a very distinct voice that’s not for everyone, but I really like her music.
- Nine Inch Nails – I’ll admit that I became a fan of Nine Inch Nails once their album With Teeth came out so I’m a baby fan compared to others. I LOVE NIN now though. At least their stuff since With Teeth came out. I’m still trying to get into their older stuff. I do like Hurt and Closer though.
- Maroon 5 -I have been a fan of theirs since Songs About Jane came out. I love their music! They have a great beat. They’re probably my favorite rock group.
Well, I’ll stop there for now. I may do another one at another time, if you all want to see more… There’s just too much to list here and I don’t want to lose you all by making this list a mile long!