So this week’s Friend Making Monday is kind of girly (okay very girly) but just skip to the rest of it if you aren’t interested in makeup!
FMM: Makeup Favorites
- Do you wear makeup everyday? Yes, I can’t go out without it on. I am a late bloomer with makeup though. Didn’t start with it until my early twenties.
- Does your routine change if you’re going out with friends/on a date/to a party? No, not really.
- Are you loyal to one brand, or do you use different brands for different things? I mostly use Bare Escentuals, but I have a couple of things in other brands.
- Do you wear primer/concealer? If so, what’s your favorite kind? I do, right now I really like MAC’s Prep+Prime, Painterly Paint Pot (it’s an eye shadow, but the lady told me to use it as a base so my make up stays on my eyes, and I LOVE it!), and topped off with Select Cover Up.
- What’s your favorite brand of foundation? I’ve been fairly happy with Bare Escentuals. It’s definitely not for a heavy cover up though.
- Do you use blush and/or bronzer? If so, what’s your favorite kind? I use Bare Escentuals Warmth all over the face and Glee on my cheeks.
- Do you wear eye shadow/eye liner? If so, what’s your favorite kind? It’s the most important part for me! I use Bare Escentuals and I want to try their new hard packed eye shadows that don’t get all over the place. I use Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Stay in Place in Graphite. I really like it and it really does stay.
- What’s your favorite kind of mascara? I don’t have a favorite at the moment. Still trying things out. I have long lashes, but they are straight, so I want something that curls. I’ve been using Mabelline’s Falsies and it curls pretty well.
- Lipstick? Lip gloss? Both? Favorite? I never wear it but I should. I have both in my purse and I usually wear gloss over lipstick to give a little more color. I normally like a dusty pink color on my lips. Not too light or too dark.
- Do you wear nail polish regularly? If so, share a few of your favorite brands/colors. Again, no and I probably should take care of my nails a little more than I do…
- How do you remove your makeup at the end of the day? … No…
- Do you feel prettier when you’re wearing makeup? I don’t have much of a confidence thing and I feel like I at least look somewhat presentable with make up on but absolutely horrifying without it.
- Do you have any beauty tips that you could pass along? Not really, wash your face every day and night, take care of yourself so your skin stays beautiful. It’s something I really need to do myself!
So over the past week I was doing well, but it was a hard week. Have you ever had those weeks where you REALLY want to eat something bad and you are just constantly struggling? Well that’s the week I had. And I screwed it up yesterday night and today… I doubt I’ve lost weight this week. I would be surprised. I think part of it is me missing Curves and just really any form of exercise for the last couple of weeks.
I am going back on Wednesday though. I feel like I’m fine enough to do so. I am more clearing my throat than anything, and I have some cough drops to help with that.
I had a nice weekend with my mom and Nick. We spent all day Saturday looking for apartments which can be a big headache, but it has to be done. She has a few places she’d like to be put on the wait list for and she wants to get more information on a place here in West Sac! It would be so great to be closer to her again.
Yesterday we drove over to the apartment complex in West Sac, and I had looked there for myself but it was low income housing and because of what I made, I would have been pushed up into the next rent bracket and it was WAY too much for me. But it would be perfect for my mom. Then we went to Home Depot to get a key to my place made for her, and so I could get a slow closing toilet seat for my toilet. It’s MUCH better than the crappy one they had when I moved in!
After that, we went to the Tower Cafe for lunch, then back and worked on my laundry room closet and cabinets. I finally got my Christmas boxes put away in there and things look SO much better! I still have a ways to go with organization, but at least things are pretty much picked up around here. It was just hard to focus with the Christmas boxes and stuff in the way.
This week my aunt and I probably aren’t going to do our weekly new meal thing because she’s getting ready to go to Southern California to see her best friend who’s visiting her daughter down there. I’ve been dying for tacos anyway, so I’m going to make some ground turkey and all of the fixin’s for some healthy tacos to have for the rest of the week.
I also want to tackle one thing each day on my list to get things organized and get a place for everything in my home so I can function and not be consumed by all of this.
Anyway, that’s the goal for this week. Not quite sure what the week is going to bring, but we’ll see soon I suppose!