Ever since moving in, I have been trying to organize my home. It’s a long process (obviously) but I kind of like that aspect of it… It’s something I have to look forward to. An ongoing project I suppose. I’m sure it’s something I’ll have to deal with my whole life. At least that’s what it feels like right now.
I have always loved organizing and have wanted to be an organized person, but I have a hard time figuring out the best way to organize something. I think that’s why I put it off too…
Anyway, there’s still at least something in every room left to do, even though I did get a couple of things completed, but here’s my list.
Laundry Room – Small as it may be, it still needs to be organized (probably more so for the fact that it’s small!).
- Organize the small pantry (Target bookcase I had, the ones with the squares, not shelves) to actually put food items on it.
Kitchen/Dining Room – Sooo much needs to be done in here.
- Designate one or two cabinets to storing food.
- Figure out the best places for everything else.
- Clean out and reorganize refrigerator.
- Clean off the diningroom table, and move anything left that’s relevent, into my desk.
Living Room – Not quite as much to do here, but still a work in progress.
- Move books around
- Get more baskets to hold DVDs in for my cabinet (makes space for more DVDs).
- Put up pictures (I’m doubing this will ever happen!)
- Organize coffee table and cabinet tops
- Finish organizing new desk.
Bedroom – Mostly pertains to the closet.
- Finish going through any extra boxes in closet to make more space
- Clean up and put relevent books, etc, on bookshelf.
Bathroom – Not very big of a project.
- Put stuff on stands
- Reorganize linen closet
So, I’m hoping to get a few things crossed off of that list this weekend since I’ll actually be home and on my own for once! It’s been so busy with helping my mom find a new place, and going down to visit her, but I need to get some things done around my apartment.