Hi all! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty much spent laying around and not doing a whole hell of a lot… I did get some headway on organizing my kitchen on Saturday, and ran a some errands at Target and Nugget on Sunday. I also threw together a chicken and vegetable stir fry and an egg casserole in the crock pot to be ready for breakfast this morning. Recipes to come on the next two Wednesdays!
I do have to warn you that for some reason when I try to upload my pictures to my iPhoto, it shuts down so I’m not sure if I’ll have pictures for a while… I think I need to start saving up for a new computer :(. I’m going to have a chat with my friend at work who’s son is an Apple guru of sorts. He sort of works for them. Anyway, I’m hoping that I can get a recommendation from them to see how much longer my computer will last. I really want to stick with Apple so we’ll see what happens!
- Where did your most recent trip take you? Carmel/Monterey Bay, CA for Thanksgiving
- Is there a place that you’d like to visit that you haven’t yet? If so, where? There are a TON of places that I want to go to, most of them in Europe including, anywhere in Ireland (I’d love to find out where my family came from and go there), Paris (I’ve been to France, but we didn’t get to go to Paris), Italy (especially Southern Italy where my grandfather came from) and where my family came from in the Italian part of Switzerland. I’d love to see other European countries as well but the list is so long!
- Do you travel lightly, or do you cram as much into your luggage as possible? I’d say somewhere in the middle. I’m better at packing lighter, but since I rarely fly, that’s not all that big of a problem for me…
- Do your eating and exercise habits change when you travel? If so, how? I start out with the best of intentions but usually say screw it and eat whatever I want. When we go places we tend to do plenty of walking but that’s something I should work on as well.
- Tell us about a place you’ve been that you’d like to go back to. The typical Disneyland, Lake Tahoe, and Carmel (what we used to do every year), but some place I really want to go back to that I haven’t been to in a long time is Yosemite.
- Do you prefer to travel at a certain time of year? Not really.
- If you had to choose, would you go to the beach or the mountains? Either one.
- Have you ever needed a passport to travel? Just when I went to France.
- Do you collect anything in your travels? Yea, sometimes, depending on the place, too much…
- Where do you plan to go next? Well, our next plan is to go see my cousin’s family up near Seattle. Which I hope is still happening…
Well, here’s for a change of subject… When I got home today, I noticed that someone stole my welcome mat. WHY?! I don’t really know… WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU STEAL A WELCOME MAT?! It makes no sense to me! Isn’t there anything better to do?! Apparently not! It’s not like it cost me an arm and a leg, but I really liked that welcome mat and it just seriously pissed me off!
Okay, I’m done for today.