This week’s topic wasn’t actually about unhealthy habits per say. It was specifically about sitting too much. So the topic was a little misleading.
I’m going to start out by saying that I gained this week. It’s been an emotionally hard week for me. Both a little hormonal and there have been some things in my immediate family that I don’t care to share at the moment.
Anyway, I only gained .6 so it’s not too bad. I straight up lied about how many points some of the things I ate were. For instance, that pumpkin pie I made, I guessed 5 when I knew sure and well that it was at least 9 or 10. I’m back on track though and I’m not letting it destroy my progress. I just need to keep myself focused on eating healthy especially this next week.
So, the topic is about sitting too much. I know I do because of my job. I work at a desk all day doing data entry so it’s important for me to get up and move around.
I know I need to move more. I live a very sedentary life and I’m sure it contributes to being tired all the time. So I am going to share a few ideas they gave as well as things that I want to try to incorporate into my work day as well as everyday life.
- Get up and walk around for 5 minutes every hour. While this isn’t something that is possible for me as I only get 2 10 minute breaks at work, I am going to try at the very least, standing when I need to grab something from a filing cabinet at my desk or the shelf above my desk, or anything that isn’t directly in front of me at my desk.
- Put your lunch in the furthest refrigerator from your desk at your office. I don’t put my stuff in the refrigerator at work, but that is a good idea.
- If you work on a multi-level office, use the bathroom on the level you don’t work on, AND use the stairs to get there. This is one I will start doing. We have a 2 story office where I work and I should take advantage of that.
- Park further away from the entrance to your work. I don’t park close, but I’m not completely far away so I think I’ll start doing that again. Besides, every now and then, these gross harry spiders are on my car and I see them once I get in the car and the freak me out! I have a total conniption fit every time I drive home and those things are there and they don’t move! Then all of a sudden they are gone and I am left thinking, they somehow found a way into the air conditioning unit and they are going to come out of the air vents in my car and I practically lose my mind thinking about that! And while we’re on the subject of parking further away, do that at the mall, grocery store, etc too!
- Use a printer further away from you.- We don’t have one as close to us as we used to so that’s a plus for me.
That’s about all I can think of at the moment, but it’s a good list to start out with.