I’m Alive!

It’s all over! Thank God!!! I don’t remember a whole lot of what happened yesterday, luckily the pain meds kept me pretty sleepy. I don’t know how much they help because I still feel pain when I’m taking them.  I guess it’s better than nothing.  I tried Vicodin when I had my wisdom teeth pulled out and that didn’t help me at all!  I just felt that drunk dizzy feeling.

I woke up at 4 in the morning, took a quick shower, and blew dry my hair.  I wasn’t allowed to wear any lotions or deodorant, and I brushed my teeth.  We got to the hospital at 5:30 and I waited in line to get checked in at admissions. It took a little while because I had about 7 people ahead of me.  I wasn’t expecting it to be that busy at 5:30 in the morning.  I wore some pajama bottoms, a sleep t-shirt, and my coat.

They directed me to go up to the 3rd floor and sign in at the front desk.  I was almost immediately taken into the pre-op room.  I put the hospital gown on and got under the “blanket” which was made of those hospital gowns you wear in regular doctor’s visits that they throw away.  The top layer was made so it looked like the bottom of a blow up boat and they pumped warm air into it.

Anyway, I had a visit from all of the people on my team and had an IV put into my right hand, then they carted me into the operating room at 7:30 and before I knew it I was waking up in my post-op room and they were trying to keep me wake.  I got sick a couple of times from the anesthesia but was eventually able to get changed and into the wheel chair to get home.  They gave me an extra cup just in case I needed to throw up again which I did by the time we got home.  But after I got into bed which took a little time as walking in general kind of hurts and I had to go up a flight of stairs, I felt okay.

The pain was sharp and  I ate a couple of crackers which were really hard to get down and then a bowl of Jello so I could take my pain medication.  That helped a little bit and luckily made me sleepy so I slept a lot yesterday.

That’s pretty much how my day went yesterday.  The only times I got up were to pee and it was hard to me to get up because my stomach hurt so much.  But I got through it okay.

This morning I ate a piece of toast and had some Good Earth cinnamon tea and I have upgraded myself to the living room and I’m feeling a little better.  So all seems to be going well.  I am so thankful to have my mom and Nick around.  They’ve been a big help and I have had an overwhelming amount of support from my friends, family, and co-workers.  I feel so blessed to have them all in my life especially during times like these.  My boss told me that everyone was asking about me yesterday and it’s great to have that feeling.

Okay, I’m going to take my pills and rest some more.  I’ll write soon, I promise!!!


About Shannon

I'm a 30 something Disney Addict, Healthy Living enthusiast finding my way in California's capital.
This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s